Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Doctor Visits and Weigh Ins

Recently I've been suffering from a high amount of acid reflux and not being able to eat much of my favorite foods because of it, even the healthy ones. Finally I decided it was time to talk to my doctor about it and see what the root of the problem could be. After discussing things further with her (she's a new doctor to me too, my old one left) I felt more confident and able to talk openly. She let me know, it's nothing I'm doing wrong but I'm suffering from GERD.

Now, I think we've all seen the commericals and pamphlets at our doctors, but often we just pass along because that's probably not what it could be. Darn you self diagnosis! I shake my fist at you! Luckily, I am glad I went and in and even more happy that my lovely Mom and Grandma encouraged me to do so.

If you don't know much about GERD like I do, there is a lot of information about it from the IFFGD (International Foundation For Gastrointestinal Disorders) website. I really encourage you if you think it could be something worse than just heartburn and indigestion to go see your doctor and let them know about all the symptoms, even the most embarrassing. Had I not been completely honest with her, I don't know that she would have noticed.

After being diagnosed, I was prescribed a medication that I'm able to take, and as my doctor said, may not have to take forever. Good news as I'm not a big fan of medications or doctors, though Dr. Abraham was very nice, patient and kind.

After all that, I got a weigh in with my clothes, shoes and after eating plus drinking a ton of water (giving up soda!) With all that I weighed in at 215. This morning I used my own digital scale this morning on weigh in day. I weighed 210.6 pounds.  You know what that means?

I'VE LOST FIVE POUNDS SINCE 1/1/15!! 
*celebratory dance*

For more on GERD, check out this information from IFFGD.

No comments:

Post a Comment