Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Soda Challenge

Looking at the picture with this post, it makes you rethink exactly how much soda you are consuming right? Not for a lot.

I myself find that I enjoy soda far too much. Every time I want to get myself together weight wise, I notice soda is almost always the first thing I try to give up on. It's a hard thing to do, and usually the longest I last is about a month. I think if I could cut down my soda intake to once or twice a month, that would be a whole lot better than it has been recently. Lately, I've been drinking a soda every day, if not that then at least every few hours. It really comes down to the sugar and caffiene for me. I don't drink much coffee, and I'm trying to stay away from the energy drinks as much as I love them too.

Giving up soda is definitely going to be a challenge, but I wonder who else is also considering the soda challenge for their New Year's resolutions. I know I'm going to do my best, but it's going to be one of the harder things I have to do. Much like those who plan to quit smoking, I feel you. It's going to be a hard thing to do, but we can do it. Think of how much healthier we will feel, and how our teeth wont rot, or be stained. We'll be able to feel like we can smile and our teeth won't disgust people too.

I think I'm going to try and cut back while I quit at first, that way I'm not so cold turkey quitting. Though with the soda challenge, I may just suck it up, put on my big girl pants and give it up. It's not easy to do, but I think it's time I did it again. Last time I gave up soda for over a month, I lost 10 pounds and it felt amazing.

Right now, I would like to know what I weigh, but I really have no clue. My scale stopped working and I think the batteries died. It's time to get a new scale anyhow, maybe I'll do that on New Years Day, that way I can for sure how much I weigh, and I can see how it's helping or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment