Friday, August 22, 2014

Stress Eating is Bad Eating

We've all heard the above saying before but what does it really mean? Does it mean that we should eat sweets when we are stressed? No, I think not. It's just a simple ploy to make people feel less guilty for eating poorly when they are stressed out.

Recently, I have found myself being stressed and stress eating as well. It wasn't until I realized I was up four pounds in a week that I realized what had happened. Granted, I was doing well and I was down to 216 lbs. I have been above 200 for almost a year now and it makes me feel disgusting and sad a lot of the time. I watch all these people around me losing weight and feeling confident in their body and it makes me mad. I know it's my own fault for allowing myself to stress eat.

The idea of losing weight is scary and hard, that is true but even with that I am going to stride on and keep going. I have upped my amount of water I drink in a day to a lot more than I have before. I try to drink at least five 8oz glasses when I can. Sometimes I use this 3 Quart water bottle I have and just drink from that throughout the day. I get about half of that drank and sometimes the whole thing. I figure that's a lot of water and it is helping me feel better drinking it!

My weakness is my popcorn. It makes me sick every time I eat it though, you would think I would stop eating it but it is so tasty. Hard to say no when I'm right there by it at the movie theater. Even now though I am eating less and less of that since I am only working there about one day a week.

I know that there is a lot I can do to become happier with myself and I want to join the gym, I just haven't been able to do it yet. Now that I am going to be working two jobs however it may be more difficult to do that as well. I'm going to look into some workout videos however and see if I can get something along those lines if I'm unable to join the gym due to scheduling.

I always say this is the year I am going to lose weight and then don't do it. I'd really like to lose as close to 30 lbs by the end of the year as I can. That is my goal, but for now I would settle with the four pounds I gained back.

I can do it, and so can you!

What is your biggest struggle with staying healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment