Wednesday, September 24, 2014

aline hair cuts and natural color

Haircut Idea
So as of recently I've been looking at my hair and wanting to get something different and have it changed. Since I'm going to be 29 this year I really was looking to have my own hair grow out rather than dying it anymore. I want to be natural while I'm on this journey and let my hair be my hair. I don't need to dye it in order to feel beautiful or be somebody I'm not. After all, I'm on a journey to love me, and if I don't have my own hair color, am I truly loving me?

A lot of people may not understand what this has to do with losing weight, but I feel it does. As mentioned above, if I'm wearing fake colored hair, how is my hair really going to be me. Just like as my body changes, and I begin to eat healthier, is that really me either? No. My hair right now is still pretty dyed, it has red hues and dark brown. The last "dye job" I'm going to be getting is the peekaboo highlight, as shown in the picture on this post. I feel like it will be a subtle change, and while it grows out much like the rest of my hair, it will add only a tiny flare. My hair right now is one solid color, making it look a little icky in my opinion. With this hair cut, I'll be getting about 2-3 inches cut off all over. My hair currently is not the greatest, but can be found below in this picture. You can't tell but it does have a lot of red as mentioned.






I'm excited to change my hair and let it grow out to its natural color. I'm also a little bit scared. What if I don't like it or it's just not really what I thought it would be. I don't know, if anything the only 'change' I would make would be highlights, subtle and sparing. Those fade and I would try and use something that wouldn't damage my hair such as bleach. Perhaps a natural remedy if available. ONLY if I don't like my hair color.

I'm excited to see what my hair looks like once it's cut and then while it grows out. This is probably number 1 or 2 on my list of 29 things to do before I'm 30. Grow out my natural hair color. I think it is going to take a lot of patience, but luckily with most of it cut off it should not be as hard as it would have been otherwise.

Here's to looking forward to changes all around my mind, body and soul in the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment