Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 2/30 of No Soda.

So here I am on day two with no soda, and I'm feeling alright. Maybe it is because I can already go a few days inbetween soda beverages. I won't lie, I have had a craving for a deliciously crisp Coke product, but I am trying to hold out for a month. 

A month may not seem like a long time to many, but for me it is going to be a difficult challenge. Generally, I end up drinking a soda within a few days and give in. Now, I will mention I do not plan to cut out energy drinks, seeing as I have them once in a blue moon anyway. Mostly when I have homework to catch up on, or I have blogging to do all night.

In the meantime, I've got everything I can going to avoid drinking the soda. I've got two different teas brewed, raspberry tea and then my green tea that is on the stove. I'm kind of interested to try drinking the raspberry tea hot, I bet it would be a treat. Almost dessert like! I'm going to try it tonight later most likely. I'll let you know how it tastes.

So in spite of not having a soda for two days, I have been pretty good even with my new healthy lifestyle. I've eaten a few wheat thins as a snack, and even only had a few Lil Smokies and put the rest away to have as a snack another time. I've got two chicken and vegetable meals ready to go for the weekend, and lastly I'm going to make up two salads and two buffalo chicken wraps for lunches.

I'm so excited to see where this weight loss journey takes me, and how much happier it will make me feel in the end. Currently, I'm working on losing 5 pounds before the end of January. I think that is a reasonable enough goal, especially since I won't be drinking soda.

What vice have you given up this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment